My little sister and best friend is turning 11 today. It’s been 11 years since I first held that tiny baby and fell instantly in love and I’ve loved every second of getting to know her better and become great friends.
To celebrate, I have compiled a list of 11 reasons why I love and adore her (and always will):
- Her friendliness. She is just so good at being a friend that everyone instantly wants to be friends with her. Easily turning anyone into an intimate friend is her superpower!
- Her optimism. She is constantly looking on the bright side. Her great outlook on life and ability to always find the silver lining in any situation is contagious.
- Her self-control. She has the ability to make holloween candy last until Christmas! She can limit herself to one piece a day and doesn’t even seem tempted to go over the limit. She constantly has a supply of candy stored in her bedroom. Not to mention that she went 40 days without any candy or chocolate for Lent…
- Her smile. Her smile could light up the darkest of nights and cheer up the saddest of people. Plus, I just recently noticed how photogenic she was. I still can’t comprehend how she looks good in every picture she takes!
- Her sarcasm. She has definitely mastered the art of sarcasm, but, then again, so has our entire family…
- Her tidiness. We sure found out who the messy one was when I moved out into my own room (me…)
- Her roughhousing. Although it sometimes gets on my nerves, I admire her ability to make any kid giggle when she tickles them and spins them around until they can’t breathe from laughter.
- Her outgoingness. She’s not afraid to meet and talk to new people. Or belt out a song at the top of her lungs in public. Or be her crazy self no matter who is watching.
- Her curls. Her hair is gorgeous (as you can see from the pictures) even though she hasn’t realized it yet.
- Her love. Both loving and lovable, she loves unconditionally without fear and is loved the same way in return.
- Her faith in Jesus. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that she has an unshakeable faith in God her Father and Savior. As Jesus tells his disciples in Matthew, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” She has a mountain-moving faith and my prayer for her is that she will continue to nurture it to its full potential. God has big things in store for her and I can’t wait to see what his full plans for her life are.
Well, there you have it, 11 of the *many* reasons I love her.
If sisters were flowers, I’d still pick you.
I’d let the sun shine so you’d never be blue.
I’d show the world how beautifully you grew,
with bright bold colors and strength through & through.
If sisters were flowers, I’d pick you right away.
Because you cheer me up and bring smiles each day.
If sisters were flowers, for what it’s worth.
I’d always pick you … the best sister on earth.
Happy Birthday, little sister! I love you and look forward to another year of giggles, late nights, and secrets with you!